The last few weekends have really brought into focus the fact that I need help! Have you ever tried to pitch a six-man tent by yourself? How about shoot videos and still pics at the same time? How about be in five places at once? I had a ball but ran myself ragged at @Jam at the Dam 7/7. This weekend I am invited to shows in Lancaster, York, Marietta, Bethlehem, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Rehoboth Beach. I can barely keep up with the Facebook and Twitter traffic, let alone be at all these shows at once.
That’s where you come in. You live in these places, love live music and use these social medias. Would you like to lend a hand?
I am seeking some dedicated Facebookers and Tweeters to help administrate my accounts. All you need to do is Like, Share/Retweet and Comment on the music, event and travel news you are already following. I would love to make you an Admin on my Gigspots page!
I have an Internship position posted at York College of PA and am working to get one posted at Millersville, F&M, Wilkes, Pitt and Temple. Does your major require an internship? If you are majoring in Business, Communications, Music Industry, Travel/Tourism or some other related field, Gigspots.com might have the position you’ve been looking for. Here’s the description.
Gigspots.com Intern Position Description
Thanks you for your interest in Gigspots.com! Gigspots.com is a sole-proprietor, web-based, start-up company built to provide its internet audience with the resources to find, preview and access bands, live music venues and travel discounts in PA, MD, DE and NJ. The website was launched in April, 2011. It is linked to a Facebook page and Twitter account and has its own blog and YouTube channel. Gigspots.com also has begun to stage and promote its own concerts beginning with a concert at The Boondocks Club, York Haven, PA, in February of 2012.
The company’s mission is to provide the resources described above and to grow as a presence both on the internet and in the mid-Atlantic region. Tourism drives a large part of the region’s economy and we seek to fill the niche for people who enjoy making live music part of their travel experiences. Our region is brimming with talented musicians and live music venues that complement the many attractions that already draw millions of visitors.
As an intern for Gigspots.com, your duties may include:
- Researching the entertainment and tourism industries
- Developing marketing strategies and tools
- Identifying target audiences and niche markets
- Contributing to social networking projects
- Data entry of venue schedules and events
- Communicating with bands, venues and brand representatives
- Coordinating interaction between clients and trade publications
- Writing reviews of shows, bands, venues, music releases and travel destinations
- Filming/documenting performances, interviews and special events
- Representing Gigspots.com at events, performances and marketing meetings
You will report directly to and work with owner Sam Campbell. Your performance evaluation will be based on several criteria including:
- Ability to complete duties as described in a timely, responsible manner
- Professionalism and conviviality in communications with clients/social networking
- Creativity and enthusiasm in development/implementation of marketing tools
- Accountability for company equipment and merchandise
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to Sam@gigspots.com. They should have a Facebook account, reliable transportation, a personable demeanor and a genuine interest in live music, tourism, travel and/or social marketing and business development.
As for clones: does the world really need more of me running around? I would do almost anything to help my friends in the music/arts/entertainment/tourism businesses but not at the risk of ruining these communities I serve. So forget the clones. But consider joining my cause. What if the music stopped?